How it works
You may ask, “Why would I ever need to resize volumes on my Mac?” It’s only a matter of time
until one of the volumes becomes overfilled with data and you’ll need to free up some disk space.
It’s likely that the necessary space will be located on an adjacent partition that contains another
operating system and, just like that, you’ll need to resize
both of the volumes to add some free space to one of them.
In the past, resizing Boot Camp partitions was a long, time-consuming and tedious procedure.
Obtaining a volume of the desired size often meant spending hours waiting for backup operations to
finish, watching for volumes to move their borders and images to be written back. Now you can
perform these operations in minutes.
Paragon Camptune X is simply the fastest way to perform resize operations. Instead of spending
your time juggling with archives, disks and applications, use it to do something more creative with
Why does traditional repartitioning take so long?
Until now, there were no adequate tools available to help rearrange space between NTFS and HFS
volumes. A common method was a sequence of backup, delete and recover operations – with key
drawbacks – consisting of the following basic steps:
- Create an image of the NTFS volume
- Delete Boot Camp volume
- Initiate a Windows installation procedure
- Prepare a new Boot Camp volume of the desired size
- Reboot Mac
- Restore the NTFS image to the newly created Boot Camp volume
- Requires many complicated manual operations
- A Windows installation disk is necessary
- Disk space can only be added to the NTFS volume; if you need to enlarge the HFS+ volume, you
won’t be able to restore the NTFS image onto the smaller Boot Camp volume
This method, aside from consisting of many complicated manual operations, also requires the
physical possession of a Windows installation disk to complete the operations. In addition, this
manual procedure allows disk space to be added to the NTFS volume only – the NTFS image cannot be
restored to the smaller Boot Camp volume once the HFS+ volume is enlarged.
How does Paragon Camptune X solve the problem?
Paragon Camptune X is a specially designed utility that rearranges disk space on dual-system
computers. It has a very simple interface with few buttons. To perform the resize with Camptune X,
there are only three basic steps:
- Run Camptune X
- Set the desired volume size by moving the partition boundaries
- Perform the operation
The benefits of using Paragon Camptune X:
- No complicated manual operations
- Works without rebooting Mac – continue your work while the resize operation is being
- No need for any third-party software or installation media
- Change the size of either an HFS+ or an NTFS volume
- With Camptune X, the whole resize operation is twice as fast
can't resize encrypted partitions, for example, protected with FileVault.
You will need to deactivate FileVault before starting Camptune X.
Fusion drive (HDD+SDD) configuration is not supported at the moment.
You will need to disable fusion drive feature before starting Camptune X.
Windows activators which emulate OEM SLIC via Linux Grub Loader or Xeldz
may cause Windows boot problems after resizing partitions with Camptune X.
Mac® & the Mac® Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows® & the Windows® Logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation., registered in the U.S. and other countries.