A WinPE environment offers excellent hardware support with a familiar Windows interface.
Unlike Boot Media Builder, Recovery Media Builder add-on doesn’t require to have Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) or Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) installed in the system. However, it can only be used under Windows 7 or higher (latest Windows Service Packs should be installed), and its functionality is rather limited.
Key Features of Paragon Recovery Media Builder add-on
- An intuitive three-step wizard enables to build a WinPE environment on flash memory or in an ISO image format in several minutes
- Doesn’t require Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) or Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
- Separate installation packages for building x86 or x64 WinPE media
How it works
- Install the main Paragon’s product (otherwise you won’t be able to complete the operation)
- Depending on your system, install either x86 or x64 package of Recovery Media Builder add-on
- Plug in a thumb drive of at least 512 MBs in size. Please note all data on that drive will be deleted
- Select: Start > Programs > Paragon Software > Recovery Media Builder add-on
- The welcome page introduces the wizard’s functionality. Click Next to proceed
- Select a thumb drive from the list of flash memory devices available in the system at the moment (if several), click Next to proceed
- The whole operation takes a couple of minutes. As a result, you receive the required bootable media
If you’ve got Windows Vista or older, please use Paragon Boot Media Builder
to prepare the WinPE recovery environment.