Paragon VIM™ (Virtual Image Management) is our exclusive technology, that enables to work with virtual disks as if they are ordinary physical hard disks. Developed back in 2007, it is now successfully integrated into our mainstream products.
Connect VD™ (Connect Virtual Disk) is the latest functionality based on that technology which provides easy and efficient access to virtual disks directly from the program’s interface, thus the user can:
- Accomplish partitioning operations of any complexity with offline virtual disks (VD Partitioning)
- Exchange data between physical and virtual disks, between virtual disks of different vendors, or between a virtual disk and its snapshots (VD Data Transfer)
- Clone partitions or entire virtual disks
- Optimize file systems on virtual disks
- Edit/View sectors on virtual disks
- And much more…
Our company keeps refining Connect VD, improving its efficiency and easy of use, so in Hard Disk Manage 14 Premium Edition the user can additionally:
- Mount Paragon’s backups (.pbf and .pVHD images).
- Mount a virtual disk in the non-destructive mode. It’s a special read/write mode, when all changes on the connected disk are being saved to a snapshot, thus providing complete safety for the original disk’s contents. If needed, this snapshot can later be merged with its parental disk by using standard tools of virtualization software vendor.
- Connect to ESX Server through vSphere interface to accomplish drive partitioning, data exchange, or OS migration of Windows virtual environments hosted by ESX. You’ve got the option to do these operations from one of Windows OS guests or from outside.
- Mount a virtual disk in the read-only mode to make sure no data will be changed on the virtual disk during copy or any other operation on it.