The problem of inevitable degradation of the disk subsystem performance caused by misaligned
partitions dates back to the nineties. From being a headache for IT administrators who wanted to
get the most out of disk arrays, it's become crucial for all of us with appearance of SSD (solid
state drive) and ultra high-capacity hard drives. Moreover, the growing popularity of virtualized
systems has aggravated the situation even more. Is the problem that bad? Just see it for
A New Solution from Paragon
Obviously misalignment of logical partition sectors and actual physical sectors leads to
redundant read/write operations, which is critical for overall performance, and with SSD, for its
lifespan as well. With our PAT 4.0 Professional (Paragon Alignment Tool) you can forget about these
problems once and for all. It will help you align partitions on physical and virtual disks
according to internal device's geometry without affecting the on-disk data.
Note: Attempt to align encrypted disk or volume with Paragon Alignment Tool results in
guaranteed data loss in 100 % of cases!
To align encrypted volumes decrypt the disk or volumes first, then perform alignment with
Paragon Alignment Tool. Once alignment completed, re-encrypt the volumes or disk.
Why Paragon Alignment Tool 4.0 Professional?
- The only tool that aligns partitions in a single operation
- Guarantees safety for the on-disk system and data
- Boosts performance of disk subsystems up to 3 times
- Significantly increases endurance of SSD drives
- Aligns partitions inside virtual containers and the host
- Aligns partitions on ultra high-capacity 4K hard disks
- Tunes alignment operation behavior
- Automatically restarts alignment in case of emergency
What's new in 4.0 version?
- Windows 8 support
- Faster alignment engine
- Bootable WinPE-based environment* to align partition without installation of MSI package
- Improved possibilities to recover volumes that were accidentally lost during
*WinPE boot media can be created with the help of Paragon Boot Media Builder.
Click here for more detailed information>>